Humanities Homework

Go to The Top Ten Inventions . Read them all and do a bit more research on the Internet about what makes the invention important. Then place your vote for which you choose to be the most important and why. Respond with your vote as a comment to this blog.

22 Comments

1. Momo says:

I think that the telephone is the best invention because it is important to communicate with others. If we didn’t have telephones there would be lots of problems, for example if you got injured and nobody could help and you had to call after an ambulance but you don’t have a telephone.

2. Yatsuho says:

I think computer is the most important invetion because I tried to imagine what will be the life like if I didn’t have these things. I think life without computer will be worth. Top Ten Inventions says telephone is the number one but there are another way to comminucate with others.We are using computer a lot in AES but if computer was not invented, I’m forgeting what to do for homework. We can keep lots of data in computer and also can send message to others.

3. Cassian says:

I vote for automobiles because these days everybody needs and uses them. They are the most common things. Today everybody needs a car to get to places because it is not only 100 meters or less , places are really far now not like it used to be .

4. mscholz says:

I vote for light bulbs because everyone uses them. Even people who don’t have a lot of money have (most of the time) a light bulb in their tent or room. Without a light bulb you wouldn’t be able to read or write when it is becoming dark which could be a big issue in the winter because then it’s becoming dark early. We couldn’t even take a shower in the morning because we wouldn’t be able to see if we have to wake up early in the morning. If you don’t have a light bulb your whole schedule would change.

5. HaeEun says:

I vote for Television because we can get a lot of news and we can enjoy the programs at television.
    Now, without television we won’t get news very quickly so, we will feel tight.
    We need television for our comfortable life.

6. smizuuchi says:

I vote for camera because the can keep memory and history such as Gandhi’s picture.
    first camera were made by Chinese philosopher Mo Ti and Greek mathematicians Aristotle and Euclid described a pinhole camera in the 5th and 4th centuries BC.
    If we don’t have any photos, we don’t have any photos, we don’t have any pictures on history book and that is very boring. I think we have to thank to Mo Ti and Aristotle.

• smizuuchi says:

sorry, my above comments doesn’t make sense

If we don’t have any photos, we don’t have any pictures on history book and that is very boring. I think we have to thank to Mo Ti and Aristotle.

7. HyukJoo says:

I vote for the computer because the computer is one of my favorite thing that is invented and i believe that everyone use the computer everyday with various purpose, like for homework,news and games or something.

8. sejin park says:

I vote for light bulb because it help people to work or move during night time. It also helped people to see in cave or sort of dark places. We can know the importance of it when the house was power outaged. I found out that Incandescent light bulb was invented by nikola tesla.

9. jgoo says:

I vote for telephone because it affects our life a lot. Due to invention of We can spread out the breaking news in a minute by telephone so people can check the newest news faster than before. It is good to notice someone or something quickly because telephone is much faster than other methods. It is also great that we can contact people who are living in another continents or countries in only few seconds.

• jgoo says:

oops…… mistake in the second sentence. ( Due to invention of telephone, we can spread out ……….. news faster than before.)

10. yojang says:

I vote for camera to be the most important invention because it made people be able to record history easily and correctly. Camera makes us know how was real life and what did they do in past. If there is an argument about history or events happened, picture of camera can prove right one. In addition, one picture can be better information than writing things which means it gives us lots of information too.

• yojang says:

I think the last sentence doesn’t make sense. It should be ‘camera gave us another way to get information’ and I forgot to put ‘to’ between people and be in first sentence.

11. modagiri says:

I vote for light bulb. Without light bulbs, you can’t hardly see anything in dark. In winter time, it gets dark really early. Light bulb lets us to be able to see clearly at night. In the dark, you can hardly read or write. In addition, it gets dark really early in winter.
    So I think light bulb is the most significant invention.

12. Sehyuk says:

I vote computer because it changes our life most. For example we can send email from anywhere with laptop. Also we can play game, watch movie, listen to music and web surfing. Moreover the computer is still developing like ipad and galaxy tab. 10years ago we couldn’t bring the computer, but now we can hold it by hand. So I think computer is the most important invention

13. Sehyuk Park says:

I vote-I vote for

14. TaeGu says:

I think the computer is the computer is the best invention. because it give us lots of informations and most important part is it has lots of computer games. it is really cool. when I was sick it help me a lot because i was really busy to play computer games so i wasn’t nodded i was sick so i Think computer is the best invention

15. koga says:

I think it is the computer. It is Because if their was no computer we can’t do our work now. also we can’t organize our everyday life. So I think the computer is the most valued tec.

16. Tomer says:

I think telephone is the most important invention because it helps us communicate with each other. It was for a long tome the only invention that enabled long and short distance communication.

17. nhong says:

I think computer is the most important invention in the history because computer had changed our life 100% different. By computer we can communicate and tell each other’s messages and so. Those are why I think computer is the most important invention in our life

18. yefraim says:

I think the computer is the best invention, since you can do stuff such as contacting people, saving data, entertain yourself… etc. WIth a computer, we can contact people as soon as we want, receive information and get information. I think that without a computer our lives were probably be going slower, since on the computer everything is fast!

19. wcho says:

In my opinion, I vote for Computer. Computer makes us comfortable to do something such as, Internet. What internet helps us in our life? It helps a lot. I can search something that I want to know, I can read books from internet, I can download music, documents, or other else. However, if you live without computer, how would you email your friend who lives far away from you and download music? You are going to your friend’s country because of a letter or what? Therefore, I vote for computer.